Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wakefield Walks: Bringing the outdoors inside

Here is the Professor sampling water from an Elephants Ear plant. It was amazing to see the crystal clear water in the leaf.

We opted to bring some of our nature inside. We were inspired by our friends at Cuppa Dangie. Ours is not quite as decorative and we decided to forgo the table and use the hall bathroom counter. As you can see the natural elements really set off the vintage harvest gold countertop. Besides, a table Z would walk by and never look at. At least in the bathroom it will be seen on a daily basis. We added a pine scented candle, some more rustic candlesticks and made a fall theme for this season.
These pods came off of Magnolia trees, you can see one still has the red seed in place.

Tigger does most of the yardwork. We picked up branches for at least a week after hurricane Ike so we are truly a little sick and tired of pine tree debris at this point. I was not surprised when he saw our display and asked, "Why are there pine cones and dead pine needles in my bathroom?"

"It's for school, sweetie."

"Oh, okay." then I got the look.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss our Elephant Ears! Natures perfect cup on a warm day.

Dangie said...

It looks beautiful!

MOM #1 said...

Funny Tigger!

I think it looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...