This week as we walked we worked to discover THE MYSTERY OF THE MAILBOX. For months we have periodically discovered a little tree frog in our mailbox. We don't know if there are few or many who enjoy the habitat over our mailbox. There are at least two we can tell from the markings. He is in there at least two to three times per week. A metal mailbox in the heat of Louisiana is dangerous to anything living. It can turn into more of an oven, ugh what a thought. So each time Mr. Frog is in the mailbox we remove him, carry him across our street and place him on some foliage by our ditch. Our ditch is overgrown with all sorts of foliage.

Yesterday we discovered how Mr. Frog is getting in the mailbox. Z thought it was a conspiracy from the postal service, free frog with every delivery. Not so mysterious, there is a gap under the bottom on the door. When it is closed a frog could easily creep inside. I wonder if he will be in there today?
We also discovered some vine type flowers in our forest overgrowth. Part of our yard is so thick with undergrowth you can not venture inside. It's a work in progress to remove it all, and progress has been s-l-o-w. We believe these to be some type of Clematis, but can not pinpoint the correct type.
The soft puffy part of the blow feels like birds feathers. It also helped to realize what I have seen blowing around the yard this week. Riding on the wind they look like tiny clouds floating along. My first thought was I wonder if my dog is allergic to these too? She has more allergies than us, poor dog.
Our walk was a nice break in the day. We plan on keeping an eye on the flowers to see how they bloom.
4 comments:
Paula, the blog looks great. :) I see you guys are getting out in the great outdoors, yay! Cute froggy too, hopefully he'll (they'll) keep showing up, its like a surprise with your mail. Probably better then most other things the postman puts there. :)
Looks wonderful, my genius friend.
They must be communicating with the frogs here! A frog conspiracy!
I like the pinecone!
H
I love all the fall themed pictures and what a beautiful adventure going on right by your front door. How fun!
Awww what cute little froggies! My kids would be thrilled to find one in the mailbox - lol!
I love your blog backdrop. It is so cheery!
Blessings,
Michelle
Post a Comment