Tuesday, October 07, 2008

My Professor, the Language Expert


After discovering that Latin is the root for the romance languages, Z has now stated he wants to learn them all. We've had some Spanish, a tiny bit of French, but none of the others that Latin for Children lists as romance language, Italian, Romanian, and Portugese.

He wants to continue Greek as well, it still at the "fun" stage in the decoding.

So today we discussed his level of interest. I told him that if he were still interested we would start with Spanish toward the end of the school year and continue with it over the summer. I had four years of it in school so it would be fun for me to revive my skills as well.

Besides it is fun to learn a language that Tigger doesn't know, we can talk "code" around him.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

I thought Spanish and Portuguese were one in the same. I'm pretty good at Spanish being in Central Texas.

I learned my lesson because the new template I put on my blog came from a Portuguese website. I just about went crazy trying to translate the editing directions into something I could work with.

Luckily HTML is the same in every language, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...