Friday, October 17, 2008

The Best of Times

Today was one of those days in school. No, not one of those bad ones, the good ones. The ones you relish and relive.

Z got up late this morning because he stayed up late watching a movie with his dad. I let him sleep. We started school an hour later and took a long lunch hour too. We also finished about an hour later than normal. Quite by surprise I got a hug at the end of the day. I said, "You're a really good student." (which is the truth). He replied, "You're the best teacher." Makes a mother want to cry.

Then instead of plopping down in front of the TV he went outside by himself to play basketball.

I have always made a conscious decision to appreciate each stage of Z's growth. Today I'm really liking eleven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just made me smile at 3:02 in the morning. That's not easy.

MOM #1 said...

Oh, I know. Aren't sons fabulous? You go and go and go and you never really know for sure whether you are being appreciated or not, and then . . . BAM! They say the perfect thing. It's SO worth waiting for.

MOM #1 said...

Oh, P. S.

I left an award for you over at my blog. Feel free to drop by if you're interested. No pressure of course.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...