Day six was a Monday. That summarizes the day nicely. The writing portion was good. I'm starting to see some of the information Z has absorbed coming out of his mouth. He wasn't even aware how he was using what he learned. Happy mommy time.
We started with Stuart Little. Today I continued with asking pointed questions to help him form his narrative. It went well. I also had him complete a copywork from a section of writing. Note: E.B. White is great to use for copywork.
He then practiced his Shakespeare sonnet. Friday is test day. We went through a few exercises talking about slang, cliches, and sexist language in formal writing.
He worked on paragraphs with Paragraph Writing Made Easy. He did these exercises on his own, as well as his science for the day.
He's almost finished with the first book in the Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix, Mister Monday. He found a series that truly appeals to him. I knew it would and I'm so excited to hear that he is excited to read the rest of the series. It's wacky and weird enough for us. It reminds me of Alice's Adventure in Wonderland in some respects, or a dream gone mad.
Our diversion into writing has been very beneficial. I can't wait to see how the rest of the way goes, and thankfully it won't be Monday anymore.

1 comment:
Garth Nix rocks!
Post a Comment