Day Nine was an interesting diversion because of the cultural holiday. Yes, St. Patrick's Day. When you have Irish heritage and you're married to someone who has Irish heritage (and an Irish name to boot) you celebrate the day. "Cultural Studies" would be appropriate title.
Actually Tigger has been out of town and returned home in time to celebrate with us. We made it through our Stuart Little reading and part of a Paragraph Writing Made Easy exercise. Then we went out to lunch. We're in a new town and discovering the town is part of our agenda, so lunch was our adventure for the day. Great little restaurant. Dh had a Reuben sandwich, his version of an Irish meal.
After that we attended our small towns small St. Patrick's Day parade. I think the crowd was bigger than the parade itself. It was quaint and I'm trying to talk the boys into doing our own float next year. They were not as excited about the idea as I was. We could be "The Classical homeschoolers of __________" we might be the only ones here. *grin*
Z is still working on Java. He did some of that yesterday. It was a short school day. However, as I said earlier in the week, next year we're taking off during the time change. We are still not acclimated...but that story will continue on day ten.

No comments:
Post a Comment