Today's study started with a practice of Shakespeare's Sonnet 18. Today we rewrote any version, I love my child. We opted to do a Dirty Jobs version. We collaborated, here is our take:
Dirty Job Sonnet 18
Shall I compare thee to a dirty job
Thou art more odorous and more horrendous
Rough winds do make me vomit upon the sea
And summer's lease hath all too much to rot
Sometimes too hot the toilet on the boat doth burn
And often is his nasal passages assailed
And every thing doth sometimes decompose
By chance or nature's changing course untrimmed
But thy eternal filth shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that smell thou owest
Nor shall Mike wanderest in the shade
When in eternal dirtiness thou growest
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see
So long live Dirty Job which gives life to thee.
That counted as our work on adjectives for today. We then moved to Stuart Little and he did wonderful using complete and full sentences, YEA!!! Igniting your writing was working with adverbs. Those were a little more complex but we worked through it.
The most interesting part of today was his free write. Five minutes, anything he wanted. He wrote Java code. :lol: After our science discussion yesterday he had spent part of the morning and break working on Java. So naturally it would show up in his free write. Not what I had expected, but things seldom are with this child. He continues to surprise me with his unique outlook. I look at him sometimes wishing I could peer into his thoughts. I wonder if he realizes how cool he really is? I tell him, I do, but I wonder if he's buying it yet.
Homeschooling him is always an adventure. I've learned as much from him during this process. But children have a way of doing that, teaching us by simply being themselves.

1 comment:
I LOVE this!! I'm going to have to share it with B.
Post a Comment