Saturday, December 29, 2007

7/9/07 Frogs anyone?

We have frogs, lots and lots of frogs. In our backyard we had what were two elevated fish ponds. In our part of the country they were more like mosiquto farms.
We didn't build them, they were here when we moved, so we tore them down. Like a good little wife I helped my hubby haul railroad ties to the trash pile. We did this earlier this summer. My reward for helping was a two week infection of poison ivy. But that is a whole other story.
After we tore out the ponds we still have the physical depression from where they were sitting. It fills with water and the frogs love to live in there. I've gotten used to their melody. The deep, guttural bbbuuurrr is almost soothing. When we first moved in it would keep me awake. It is better than traffic or loud neighbors, it's God's orchestra. If you have read "The Phantom Tollbooth" it is like the orchestra that conducts the sun. Every evening at dusk they start. When they don't sing it is almost too silent.
I'm not sure why but a few frogs have started migrating to our garage at night. Perhaps there is overpopulation at the pond. Perhaps the bug buffet is better in the garage. Who knows, but every night at least 3-4 frogs make their way inside the garage before my hubby shuts down the door for the night. One even has a bad leg. He is a can-do frog however and we've seen him hopping around a lot lately.
There are little places they like to hide, behind the grill, under the shelving units. This morning we found the best spot yet. My hubby went to put on his work boots and a frog jumped out of one of them. Funny enough, but two frogs jumped out of the other one. I asked my honey if he had ever seen a frog house. He said no, but would you buy some. So now I am on the hunt for frog houses. We had some when I was little so I know they're out there.
Matthew 25:40 says "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Frogs may not be a brother in that sense, but if God cares about the sparrow, surely he cares about frogs. So a little condo complex of frog houses sounds like a good investment.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...