You know how you have those projects that you will get to someday? Well yesterday was our someday, at least partially. My hubby is a contractor so my honey do list reflects that and well, the list could be laminated as long as some projects take.
Our house is a fixer upper. It's set on a wooded lot and the layout is great. The decor is mostly 30 years old plus. We've slowly been working on it and my hubby's words, "It's all cosmetic" just ring in my ears.
As a contractor my honey is sometimes gifted with items that are totally reusable. A couple of years ago a friend of our was redoing her kitchen and he came home with a beautiful swanstone double kitchen sink and a tall long handled faucet attached. It was supposed to go in my previous home. It never made it there and after having the kitchen sink laying around for almost 2 years, it's finally in my house working. That "someday we'll put that in" finally happened. I'm truly leary of using it, it so wonderful. It's so deep I had to reach down to wash the dishes.
I've also been without a car for several months. We've been waiting for the right deal. While waiting my honey's fairly new truck blew a motor. Right now it is an extrememly expensive lawn ornament. He borrowed a truck for a while, but gave up and finally purchased a "new" SUV. It's GMC Jimmy that was top of the line brand new. Technically, it's my car. But of course he has to drive it to work. It's so nice to drive. Normally for me, we buy cars cheap and they never have had less than 100k miles. This one isn't even there yet. It has a CD player that cranks really loud. That is so nice. It really is the nicest car that I've almost owned. He has kept telling me "someday I'll get you a nice car", he never did say I would get to drive it right away LOL.
Part of our cosmetic redo in our home include redoing a harvest gold bathroom and an avacado green one. Tub, toilet, sink all in the classic colors. Finally that someday came. My parents had sent a gift card for my birthday and what did I buy with it? A toilet. We almost got it in, at least it's in the garage. The harvest gold is gone and the new floor is halfway down.
I almost didn't recognize my "someday". It was plauged with distractions. First my son accidently had the new SUV hatch bonk him on the head in the Lowe's parking lot. My hubby felt awful but said son was okay after some tlc. Then while removing carpet tacks (my project for the day) I smashed my hand with the hammer. The ensuing blood blister only hurt until the pain went away. Finally, while cutting vinyl tile my hubby sliced his thumb with a new razor knife. years of experience have taught him to be careful, but....As he was laying on the floor with a washcloth trying to stop the blood, I was wiping blood off the new tile. We dug out the first aid kit and consulted our nurse neighbor who said it could use stitches. We'll see today.
In all of those distractions I almost missed that things are getting done. I almost missed the beauty of long held promises being fufilled. I know God has been working on my patience lately, perhaps this is just one little glimpse into the rewards of it. I used to think life was like a roller coaster, ups then downs, totally seperated. As I get older I realize that the good is sometimes mixed in with the bad. You just have to decide which one to truly taste.
No comments:
Post a Comment