My hubby and I both grew up in the Midwest. Funny thing is, we can't stand cold, snow, or ice. We prayed for years to move to a place where we wanted to be outside in February. Finally, last year God released us, not to Florida as we had hoped, but to Louisiana. We've been blessed to stand on many great beaches of the US and Costa Rica. Even from the midwest we managed to get to a real beach, real ocean every couple of years. If not, the withdrawl sets in.
I was excited moving to someplace where we would be less than an hour from the ocean. Granted, the beaches were washed away in a hurricane, but the ocean would still be there. Have I been in the last year? NO! With one car and crazy work hours for my honey, we've never made it.
Today I was watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" and once I started looking at the scenery I knew I was in trouble. The withdrawl kicked into high gear. It's one thing when you live 1000 miles from the nearest ocean, but to be a hour away and not go, UGH! It's was further aggravated knowing we have a short trip planned for later this summer to a Texas beach. My impatience is kicking in.
It rained all day today and I had a river flowing through my front yard, at least that's sort of waterfront property. I could go look at my coastal living magazine and get further frustrated. Instead I pouted. When honey got home I told him we needed to live closer to the beach if we were only going to have one car, he agreed. But God has us here for now, "Bloom where you are planted", he's(that's God not my hubby) told me before.
Oh well, the vacation is coming up soon, I can sort of see the tiny palm trees in my backyard if I look through the brush. And I do live somewhere that I can wear flip-flops in February without freezing. Tomorrow I'll gaze at my sand collection and check out some oceanfront vacation homes online. I'll probably play my "Pirates of the Caribbean" soundtrack at least once. At least I can go to bed tonight without sand in between my toes
No comments:
Post a Comment