Saturday, December 29, 2007

7/24/07 II guys from Petra

My hubby and I had to cancel our much needed vacation. For once it was because of time, not money, Praise God! Anyway, we took some of the money and updated our technology department at home. Okay we bought new laptops. I've never had a "new" computer and never a laptop, so the ability to wander while surfing is totally new to me.
It the midst of transferring information I was going through my favorite websites and I stumbled upon www.indieheaven.com. It's an outlet for christian independent artists. I found the "II guys from Petra" and just went wow. Petra was the epitome of hard rock christian music and they did their final tour in 2005. Since I have not been a practicing christian all of my life I was listening to more "worldly" hard rock in my youth and didn't know much about Petra until 2005.
Our previous church had them brought in for a concert. It was awesome. I got to help out at their sales booth and it was fun to watch people of my generation, +35 rocking out with the youth. I got to meet the band and they all autographed my pass, it was pretty cool. So now that their retired Bob and John have formed a more aucostic version called II guys from Petra. They have samples on indieheaven and it some of today's classic worship songs, done a la Petra unplugged. It's pretty cool, I'll have to check out the full CD. A great option for those of the "hair band" generation.
So anyway I've got the samples playing on the desktop. My son is anxious to claim it as his own and has asked me several time when it will all his. I told him today. So I'm keeping my promises, but taking a few detours along the way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...