I believe Americans are stressed because we do not have siestas in the afternoon. I have implemented those into my schedule this summer and found them quite relaxing. I do wonder if it is possible to add them into our school schedule.
Just another thing we should have keep doing after kindergarten, afternoon nap time. Thirty minutes to one hour is ideal. Oh, and give your children a time to wake you up. They learn to tell time and gain responsibility at the same time.
3 comments:
Here, Here!
I fully support siestas at all stages of life. Luckily my in-laws are Hispanic and understand and support my need for mid-day rest.
I usually don't actually sleep, but we do fully appreciate what I like to call "rest and relate" time where we just lay down and talk about how the morning has gone and what we would like to get done in the afternoon.
Alas, for us as well this is a summertime phenomenon, but I am working on trying not to "over shcedule" ourselves this fall so we can keep them up.
In the words of Martha Stewart, "It is a good thing."
The only reason I'm not in a rubber room is my daily siesta. I sleep. The kids know to be quiet for that blessed hour. It's a life saver.
Amy - thefoilhat.com
Naps keep this introvert sane. Sometimes the only way to keep the small extrovert in my life quiet is to be unconscious - or at least pretend to be! ;)
Post a Comment