I generally order over 25.00 from Amazon to get free shipping. This time I was impatient and paid for shipping and I had less than 25.00 anyway. Okay, maybe I'm impatient in real life (IRL for you savvy people) but I generally can wait a few extra days for my books. It's not like I'm going to run out of reading material in the near future. (she said stepping around the pile of books in what used to be a dining room)
So like the obsessed reader that I am I check my order status at least two to three times per day. It is supposed to be here today. However the delivery confirmation (DC) never got scanned at pickup. How do I know this? Well amazon says my books have left the building, but usps.gov says it hasn't been picked up yet. I know it is not uncommon for DC to not get scanned, so I promise not to chew off all of my fingernails today while waiting for the mail, at least I'll try.
This order has two books that I am looking forward to reading. Now that may sound like I order books I'm not excited to read, which is not entirely true. I've been ordering a lot of books for school but these are for me alone. One is a study group book. It's an honest-to-goodness thinking man (womans) book that I would never attempt without someone elses intelligence in tow. That way they can answer all of my questions, even the stupid ones. I'd like to get a head start on the back and it is almost too late to do that.
Thankfully my computer is within earshot of the mail truck. Since they fixed the brakes it's harder to hear him, but I know the sound. It's different than the UPS truck, which I recognize as well.
Maybe it's simply easier to order more and get free shipping. When I'm not paying for it, I have more patience. Hum, it's too early for all of this thinking, I'm going back to bed.
ETA: Books have arrived safely. I can rest easy now.
2 comments:
Gotta LOVE box day, even if it is a small box. Oh, and getting books by mail is my FAVORITE thing.
Between E-Bay and Amazon.com my UPS man is a regular at my house. Even when he doesn't have anything for us he honks when he drives by. LOL
:)De
Post a Comment