Like many people I love the song from Casting Crowns, "Praise you in the storm". The lyrics speak to me whenever I hear them.
I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No Matter where I am
Last night I awoke to the sound of thunderstorms. They were the noisy kind. The kind with lots of heavy rain pounding down upon the roof. I finally gave up trying to sleep and got up instead. It was still dark and pouring outside when I sat with my first cup of coffee.
I love the early morning quiet. This morning all I could hear was the sound of my mouse clicking, the rain and one more thing. It was bird singing in the rain and in the dark. I immediately thought of the Casting Crowns song. We have a lot of birds in our yard, it's not unusual to hear a chorus early in the morning. But this morning in the rain there was one lone bird singing. I pictured him perched upon a branch, feathers ruffled to ward off the raindrops, and head lifted high to sing. It was what he was made to do. It didn't matter about the rain or the dark, he just sang anyway.
1 comment:
Beautiful! I love CC too! My dh just posted a Going Through Storms post on my blog.
Post a Comment