I also made a planner for Z for the remainder of the school year. I simply printed off some schedule forms I modified from Donna Young's website. I made a cool cover sheet and put them in a plastic covered report folder. We have around ten to eleven weeks of school left. The size is perfect. My goal with that is to help him achieve some independence in his work habits.
So while I didn't finish everything on my list, I did make progress. I was also able to prioritize and then not feel bad about the things not finished, that is a first for me.
We are taking a Spring Break from now through the end of next week. To help keep me on track, I am (boldly) posting my to-do list for the week.
HOUSEHOLD
- clean frig (not done)
- throughly sweep and mop each room (partially done)
- help Z clean playroom and box up unused toys and books (he cleaned the room does that count?)
- pick up the plethora of fallen branches in our yard from wind storm this week (done)
- go through Z's clothing - need list of summer clothing needs (done)
- start getting out my summer clothes (done)
- organize bill paying system (UGH!) (not done)
- bathe Daytona (not done)
- clean out dog pen (she is allergic to the stuff falling from the trees) (done)
- hang out with the dog while lying in the hammock (done)
SCHOOL
- Organize homeschool room (in process)
- finalize plans for remaining weeks of school (done)
- finalize fifth grade curriculum - including budget and prioritize ordering (done)
- start pre-planning for history (MOH) done & bible (Pilgrim's Progress)(done)
- outline books I need to pre-read (done)
- plan which subjects could be done outside while lying in hammock (done)
PERSONAL
- outline self-education goals for remainder of 2008 (done)
- organize my digital photo album (done)
- organize all my online groups (done)
- organize my e-mail (done)
- play with blog format (done)
- cover the grey in my hair :) (done)
- continue reading in The Three Musketeers (I'm on chapter 10)
- walk minimum 10k steps each day (not done)
- spend time relaxing in hammock (done)
WRITING CHALLENGES
- finish 50k monthly word challenge (25k done)
- finish plot week challenge (20/25 hours done) -completed 2 out of 3 goals(done)
- finish nanoedmo challenge (6/50 hours done) - this may not happen (not done)
- brainstorming session for next novel (done)
- seek inspiration while lying in hammock outside (done)
So there it is! I have until March 30th to complete most of these tasks.
3 comments:
That's really BOLD of you to post your to-do list out for all the world to see.
Have a great week off (I don't know if it's off with that long list of chores) and be sure to let us know how it goes.
Wow, and I thought my to-do list was formidible. You blow mine out of the water. ;-)
OOOH! Come to my home next!
Post a Comment