
I started looking at this history curriculum last year. I'm so excited to finally get it. We will finish up our American history study later this year and move right into the ancients.
I'm sure I'm more excited about this than Z. History has always been my favorite subject, especially the study of ancient Egypt. In my youth, I wanted to be an Egyptologist. I wanted to be Indiana Jones, before there was an Indiana Jones. (the new movie comes out late spring, btw) Alas, that dream has not come to pass, the only thing I explore is the world wide web.
So now that I actually have the book in my hand I can do some planning for next year. Oh, and I have some great theme days already rolling around in my head. Indiana Jones day, Toga day, Walk like an Egyptian day. Wow and it's early yet, please someone bring me more coffee.
5 comments:
Have fun with MOH! I know you can wait to start it.
I meant CAN'T wait to start it. LOL
If you love Egypt, this is a book you must have...
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=514682&netp_id=452034&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW&view=details
It follows Biblical chronology & is so incredible. I went to Egypt way back in 1990 and fell in love with it!
Hmm, not sure you are going to be able to copy that script. It is called, Unwrapping the Pharaohs, and you can see it at cbd.com
We never used MOH as a curriculum because we started homeschooling a little too late for it, but I ended up just reading it for my own knowledge.
I didn't appreciate history much when I was younger, but now I love it.
It's a great book. You'll have great fun with it!
Post a Comment