I have never been a "girly-girl". I spent my youth climbing trees, skateboarding, playing basketball and playing with pocketknives. We are reading "Caddie Woodlawn" and I can't help but imagine I would have been like Caddie, crossing the river with my brothers, instead of sewing samplers.
When Tigger and I found out we were pregnant, we prayed very hard for a boy. Visions of Barbie and My Little Pony flashed before my eyes, I didn't know how to play with those things. So God heard our request and Z was born. As a boy, I didn't think he would ever borrow things from me. Despite my tomboy youth, I am still a girl.
Yesterday I was cleaning out my closet and Z spied my one strapped backpack. I love that thing, it was pefect for trapsing around Costa Rica. Well Z decided it would make a handy weapon carrier. Z has a gun collection, all toys of course. He loaded up the backpack and carried it around part of the day. He was being, well I'm not sure, alien chaser, James Bond, I just don't know. Safe to say there are no more "bad guys" in my house.
Later in the day he spied my 10-key calculator. Now I'm a little picky about that one, but I let him borrow it. Later I found him laying on the couch, I thought he was playing his PSP. No he was playing 10 key. He was adding all kinds of numbers up. Once we started school I noticed he had started a bank in the living room. He had all the money from the pirate Life game out and was counting it, writing down the amounts and then adding them up with the 10-key. He still has not returned it. I think he would be genuinely excited if I bought him his own.
I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye on some of my others things. There is that toy car I just got from a friend. I may just have to move that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment