Friday, May 27, 2011

This is the End, my Friend


Hah! You thought it was the end of the world!Not close, thankfully. It is almost the end of the school year. It's time for reflecting back and planning ahead. Z and I watched the original Godzilla move, Gojira, last night. That might well sum up our year, a large unexpected monster attempted to scare us. Instead, like the Godzilla movies, we will persevere. I grew up watching badly dubbed Godzilla movies. I had no clue there were 28 Japanese Godzilla movies. Here's the list from that ever trusted and reliable source, Wikipedia. (tongue-in-cheek) Z has now stated he wants to watch all of them, in chronological order. We added a few to the Netflix queue already. A monster summer awaits.

What hit me about that is that even though it's been an "interesting" academic year, Z is excited about more. We made it though literally four of our Japanese lessons before our "monster" came. Even so, I was able to pick up a few Japanese phrases in our movie last night. Our version was sub-titled, not dubbed.

I stayed up late last night planning history and science for next year. Since I'm piecing together my own program, it will take some time. But it's exciting. Oh, by the way, I've changed my mind on a few things since I posted my "final" list. Murphy's Law I guess. Just as soon as you say you're done..Anyway, some of the changes are good, some are related to budget cuts. Budget cuts at Wakefield Academy that is. It will all work out in the end, and I'll post those changes soon. Not right now though, because it's 3 a.m., gotta love insomnia it's so persistent.

For the last week of school, we're covering some last minute skills. We're also trying to shove some more content into the schedule with moderate success. Hopefully our monster season is over. I do NOT want a sequel of last year, thank you very much, but Godzilla awaits on the Netflix queue. It's sure to be a monster (in a good way) summer.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

I think I've seen all those cheesy Japanese Godzilla movies too. Don't get me started on all the animee I am forced to watch. Careful with those though, they are not all rated G, PG either, frankly.

Baby Boy has been watching the Irasshai videos to keep his skills up during the summer between college terms. They're really great. Thanks so much for the recommendation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...