I haven't done pictures of our new classroom because it's been such a mess. It still is. However, we have a tad more organization. Yesterday I arranged the desks and one bookcase. It's a shell of organization.
Both desks will get painted white soon! We're out of school for the summer, by fall Z won't have to contend with my stuff on his desk. Hopefully.
My corner is still a mess. I still have two large bookcases in storage, which will replace the mess in my corner . Z's short bookcase will also be replaced with the tall , nice bookcase.
This was formally my desk. I like it, but it wasn't big enough once we moved. In our previous home we used the dining room table for school and the small desk was sufficient. My new desk is much larger.
This is just getting creative with the space. My nice Target bookcase is supporting the inexpensive bookcase from Walmart. Eventually Tigger is going to build custom designed bookcases for this area between the doors. It should be able to house a large majority of our books, hopefully.
This house actually has two doors into it. The one we use opens into the small hallway. This one opens directly into the living room. It's great for moving furniture in and out, but we won't use it on a regular basis. Plus these doors are so great, they are original to the house. They're also a great frame for a custom designed bulletin board. One can never have too many white board surfaces :grin:.
The bones are in place, I still need more bookcases, and it needs some final decorating touches. Once completed I want it to have a vintage around the world theme. I have most of the stuff I need to make that happen, it just happens to be in storage. *sigh* It's a process right?
I love my floors, I love the wide white trim, and I love the mocha colored walls. This classroom is smaller than our previous one, but it's perfect. It's cozy, it's calm, and you can shut the door at the end of the day.
For now I need to finish planning school for the fall. Taking pictures is more fun.
3 comments:
How lovely! I'm so jealous (in a non-hateful way). :)
P.S. Your floors are beautiful!!
As one who has moved classrooms/offices in the past, I know there's a steep setting-up period to get everything just right.
It looks like you're coming along great. I can't wait to see the updated photos in a few weeks . . . we will get an update in a few weeks . . . right?
A few weeks, right ;) Okay, maybe by August. I have stacks of books on the desks now, plus a cat sitting on a box on the desk.
Post a Comment