I give the movie a solid B. There were good parts and bad parts. The casting was good. Logan Lerman does a great job as Percy, Uma Thurman is awesome as Medusa.
Camp Half blood is different than I imagined. Some of the dialogue is bad and it seems like the script couldn't decide if it were designed for kids or teens. They introduced aspects of the series is some not so subtle ways like the dyslexia and ADHD angle. They missed some of the subtlety of the book and the genuine emotion of the story seemed forced.
The effects were decent and they changed the story line, but it held up all right, not excellent, but all right.
They sort of combined Ares and Hades, Ares is not in the movie at all, neither is Clarisse.
I've read all the books twice and some of the events have co-mingled in my mind and I've forgotten everything that only took place in "The Lightning Thief". I'll have to go back and re-read it now.
All in all I give it a B because of the solid casting and the setting of the foundation of what will hopefully be the remaining books becoming movies.
Also when you go do not leave when the credits start. There is a great scene part way through the credits.
1 comment:
I still think we will wait for it via Netflix. Fi so loved this series, she would be crushed if we could not shut it off, if it was not turning out they way she envisioned it to be, and I respect that. Glad you'all liked it!
Post a Comment