Monday, February 15, 2010

2010-2011 School Year purchases

I've always tried to be frugal in our homeschooling. Next fall will start our seventh year of homeschooling. Some years we've had a tiny budget, some years I've been able to spend more. My spending tends to be done over a period of time in shorter amounts. Then at least twice during the months of March and April I do a few larger orders.

I started keeping track of expenses in November. This includes items for next year (2010-2011) and any items I need to finish out this remaining year.

The current total is listed in the sidebar, a detailed list is also available as a separate post. A few items for next year I already own as I have either been using them for my own self-education. I also invested in a membership in Amazon prime last year. That has been one of the best things for us as I can purchase less expensive items as needed and not worry about the shipping fees. For our family the 79.00 fee has been worth it.

Because our expenses are usually spread out over the year I don't have an exact dollar figure for what I spent last year. It was in the $700 - $1000 ball park. That's where I'd like to keep it, at least for middle school. Part of that budget includes materials for my own self-education, I consider myself a student in our school.

By listing these items I'm hoping to not only see how much I actually spend, but that you can see that homeschooling doesn't need to cost a fortune. Happy research and happy shopping.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...