Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Road Less Traveled

Today we found the road less traveled, it's just minutes from our house. Z and I hiked for almost an hour.



Then we stopped to view the swamp. As creepy as it looks there was an air of peace. We've been reading Percy Jackson and Z said it reminded him of Pan, without the humming dodo bird.


We did not see Pan, but my heart did momentarily stop as we spotted wild alligators. Yes there were two. We were above them on a dock. They were hanging out with lots of turtles, just sitting there with little heads above water. I've seen one other wild alligator since we've been here, but none so close to home.


The dragonflies are plentiful and we spotted this unusual one, we called it Batman. Dragonflies are so friendly, this one stopped and let us check him out up close.


We hiked and we sweated. It was nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love SHJ! I think I've hiked all of the trails and fully intend to do it again. But then, I'm all for hiking and adventuring.

Oh, and YES, they might look at you funny if you whipped out your laptop on the trail. As for creepy crawly things...get a bug spray with a VERY HIGH deet content and you'll be fine. As for being insane, you're a writer, so it's par for the course.

MOM #1 said...

Lovely walk. Scary alligators.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...