Friday, August 14, 2009
Our Classroom 2009 - 2010
Continuing with the not back to school blog hop, here is our classroom in it functional state, that would be kind of messy. My desk is on the left, Z's desk on the right. The three clocks are set to London time, local time (CST), and Sydney time. It's nice if you are having a bad day to know that it is almost over in you were only in London.
This is the library portion of the room. Bookcases from Target, comfy chair courtesy of my parents. This room was originally a dining room, but we are blessed with a nice eat in kitchen so we never actually eat in this room, unless we're doing lunch while doing school. That will probably happen today. We have those "TGIF, this was a long first week of school" thing going on today.
This is basically the view looking back from the library portion of the room. Our former dining room table serves as our work area. It's big and knicked up and a well loved table. It's perfect. I may bequeath the table to Z once he graduates, if the table lasts that long.
These are the baskets were Z keeps his working files. The cabinet underneath holds a plethora of tools. Probably one of my favorite Hobby Lobby 50% off furniture deals I ever bought.
This is a closer view of the bookcases. I was able to rearrange the classroom and really play up the red wall. The shelves are full and don't tell but the middle case is full of math, history, and science books for high school. We aren't there yet, but I hope to read through most of them over the next several years for my own self-education. Anyway they look pretty sitting on the shelf (tongue in cheek smiley here).
So that's our classroom. I truly like the set up we currently have. We also have a big picture window that is wonderful, but distracting. I have an uncanny need to rearrange at least once every six months, but I'm not sure how to top this arrangement. Well see what the future holds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I love the idea of London time. There are always a few days when, by 10 am or so, I'm needing it to be London time.
Looks awesome.
I'm with Obi-Mom, several mornings a week, I'm definitely in need of some London time.
Oh, and I like the way you changed the background on your blog. Neato!
Love the red wall and the clocks set to different time zones. Fun!
Cool pictures!
ryc: We had a *fantastic* time. I wish we could do it again for like a week or two. The kids had so much fun. Nothing better than seeing your kids carefree. I could really get inspired out there in the sticks, wouldn't get so side tracked by the concerns of real life, ya know.
Have a great week!
Post a Comment