We have five more weeks of summer before we start back to school. It seems we have done nothing but deal with bugs and heat. In the next week I'll be finalizing our schedule and getting ready to start our sixth year of homeschooling.
The children in the photo above don't look too happy to be there either. I'm sure I've made a similar face to the girl in the first row, not the glowing one, the scowling one.
I have a to do list as long as my arm but this is the first year I'm not totally stressing getting through it all before the start of school.
I guess we have accomplishated a few things. I rearranged the classroom, I'll get pics posted soon. I found a new veterinarian and my dogs is now getting some relief. Bless her, she is allergic to everything in our yard.
We start back to school a week before public school. Why? Because we can. No, seriously so we can take off a few more days when needed, like sick days, spontaneous I-don't-wanna days, and sometimes well days "Well I don't want to teach today". Last year our momentum was interrupted by a double dip of hurricanes that was enough chaos to send anyone into a tailspin. We ended up having two weeks off from schoolwork and substituted Emergency Preparedness training instead. Hopefully we'll just get a vacation this year.
3 comments:
You love it and you know it! ;) I hope your planning goes well and your going goes as planned. Okay, now I'm confused. (Did you know there's full frontal nudity on your site?)
Darn, those myths. I have no control over that gadget, it's art, art I tell you.
Oh, man... now it's gone.
Post a Comment