Thursday, July 16, 2009

Destination 2009


We just got back from a long weekend vacation to Destin, Fl. Of course before we even left the state of Louisiana we had to stop at the first Bass Pro we spotted. Cool building, boys had fun. I was anxious to get to the beach.

I have to say this trip was 95% planned by Tigger. Normally I am the hotel research consultant and plan more, but this time I left it in his capable hands. The above was the view from our hotel window. Okay it the zoom view on the camera outside the window, but it was still gorgeous.

This is Tigger finally getting to fish in the gulf. Can you say happy camper? Below is the happy shot of vacation. We are currently reading the Percy Jackson book series and I can say with certainty that if Tigger were the son of a Greek god he would be a son of Poseidon. Salt water makes the man happy. He was giddy the entire time we were there.


This was his first walk in the clear water. Beach therapy lowers blood pressure. I'm sure there is a report somewhere that confirms that.

One morning the boys went to play a round of golf, nine holes. It was Z's first real game of golf and apparently he is a natural. We are quite pleased that they are putting in a new golf course just a few miles from our home. We plan to add golf to the PE schedule. Tigger said that Z played better than him. Oh, the picture below is the happy state of sleep and silence that I experienced while the boys were golfing.


Z at the beach. He could also be the son of Poseidon as he loves all water. Step 1: insert boy into body of water. Step 2: watch smile appear on face. Step 3: Rinse and repeat.


We took a back route home and happened upon the Air Force Armament Museum @ Eglin Air Force Base. It was the coolest place. Z loves military aircraft and he was a wonderful tour guide. He truly knew a lot about these aircraft. Let's just say the Military Channel has been very educational. This photo is staring down the nose of an SR-71 Blackbird. (Daddy, this one is for you, I'll post more photos of it soon)


This is Z posing again. Thing about being an only child is that you're always the one posing in front of the camera.


This picture was from our final dinner out in Destin. It was at Cheeseburger in Paradise and as you can see I had two tired and happy boys.

We have been beach lovers most of our lives. We absolutely fell in love with Destin. My favorite new state park is Henderson State Park, which is gorgeous. We are now planning to make Destin an annual event. None of us really wanted to come home.

2 comments:

The Home School Burrow said...

Those pics are great! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

RockerMom said...

I'm so jealous... but in a happy for you way! Maybe next year we can meet you guys there. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...