This is the stack. Can I just say I love books. We will be starting our sixth year of homeschooling in a few weeks. This will be our second year following LCC (Latin-Centered Curriculum). I'm looking forward to where this year will take us. Our core subjects will Latin for Children (primer B), Classical Writing Homer for older Beginners, and math.
We will be transitioning through a few math books this year, I'm not sure how it will play out but we are going to start the year by finishing Life of Fred: Decimals & Percents. We will follow that by starting with a 1972 Dolciani pre-algebra text. I will follow that or mix it with Life of Fred Beginning Algebra. I plan on taking two years to get through the pre-algebra and LOF book, so we're going to take our time and solidify those algebra concepts.
Our religion subjects for the year are mainly three items. The History of the Church, Dig Deep which is a study of Proverbs for boys, and Louie Giglio video teaching. A little Louie Giglio will brighten anyones day.
History is going to cover Medieval times and most of our study will center around Famous Men of the Middle Ages. We are also going to spend some time discussing family genealogy from the Middle Ages, which I'm looking forward to myself. Science is going to be centered around the book Science Matters, which I reveiewed in an earlier post.
Art and Music are going to follow a new path this year. We are going to study an artist and a musician each for a month. Four of the artists (or art period) books are above. We are going to do an art project tied to the study of the person or period for the month. I have not purchased the books for it yet, but we also plan to study The book of Kells and the Bayeux Tapestry each for month. Music is going to take a similar format with a few contemporary musicians thrown in for good measure.
These are the literature books we will dig into this year. No, you're not seeing double. I do have two King Arthur and two Robin Hood books. One copy I can make my notes in and one copy Z can read on his own. We will also read The Canterbury Tales (an abridged copy) and Dante's Divine Comedy which I also reviewed earlier.
I am looking forward to this year. I did re shelve the pile of books, to look at it all at once was a tad overwhelming.
1 comment:
Looks like you all will have a wonderful year! I love books, but boy do I hate unpacking them...
Post a Comment