Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What is Friendships?

You will notice I have Friendships listed as a place where you can donate to help with Hurricane Relief. You may not have heard of them, but I can attest that these are special people who are right now helping the people of this and other communities. The volunteers at Port Mercy are a part of this community and have set aside their needs to help others.

Here's a link to Who they are.

Here's a link to what they are doing after Hurricane Ike.

Professor Z and I had the privilege of touring the ship that they use as housing last spring. I have seen their facilities, talked to their volunteers, and watched their dogged determination to help those in need. These are people with true compassion.

While you are prayerfully considering how to help, please consider a donation to Friendships.


Here's Professor Z steering the docked ship.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

That's a great cause. Baby Boy's martial arts school is collecting for the local food shelter and the Red Cross. Those people needs lots of help right now. So sad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...