Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Latin For Children "A" : Our Review


We are in week 5 of using Latin for Children, also know as LFC. Click on the picture to go to the publisher's website. Z and I are enjoying this program a lot. I have had no Latin training so I ordered an extra workbook to complete on my own. I think Z likes that we are doing something together.

I had four years of Spanish in high school and amazed at how similar many of Spanish words are to Latin. I also find myself speaking Latin with a Spanish accent, quite by accident.

This curriculum clicks with Z, who is very wiggly. Perhaps it is the DVD's which we watch on Mondays. On Tuesdays we work on our chant and march through the house military style while doing so. We also carry toy rifles and I pretend to be a Latin drill sargeant. It makes Z laugh, but it also helps with memorization. The format for each week also helps.

Week five is a review week and he has retained the information quite well. I agonized for weeks over which Latin program to choose. I am pleased to feel I made the right choice.

We liked it so well we ordered the "Greek Alphabet Code Cracker" also published by the same company. We have only completed one lesson, but it too is a hit. Well that's for another review.
Have a blessed and happy day.

1 comment:

Dangie said...

Thanks, EL, for the review! Glad you like it soooo much! Doesn't that just feel great? Do you feel there are any cons to the program? Are there quite a few chant songs and how often do you do a new song? I'm always anxious to hear how a program is working practically! {RG}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...