Friday, February 22, 2008

Freaky Friday

Z is learning about "independent study" as I have been sick on and off for two weeks. He has learned that he is quite capable of working on his own on some subjects. Ironically, I think it has given him increased confidence and ownership of his education.

One thing he has always been great at is working to make sure mom feels better. He'll bring me card games, rub my back, pat me on and arm and say "I hope you feel better." Today he told me funny jokes. He's told me he heard it on Scooby-doo, but it was perfect for today.

Z - "Ask me how I am."

Me - "Why?" my first mommy thought being that he was sick now too.

Z - "Just ask me how I am."

Me - "Okay, how are you?"

Z - "I'm fine." He then proceeds to put a small pocket flashlight on top of his head, "Ask me how I am again." he was grinning from ear to ear.

Me - "How are you now?"

Z - "I'm feeling a little light headed."

I just cracked up, it was exactly what I needed to lighten the day. May your day be as bright.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...