Sunday, August 19, 2012

Week Two: A Wild Week


Be careful or this may happen to your head too! All right, this was an intentional enlarging of the hair to see how fluffy it could be.

We made it through week two. I'll be honest, I'm tired. Z is not. I miss my afternoon naps, Z is actually getting up before noon.

It's no longer lingering near 100 degrees every day and that is good too.

I didn't have to tweak anything else this week. We did have one slow day, caused by insomnia in both of us the evening before. Overall the schedule is working well. Z is able to focus for longer this year (yea!). He's also been working on computer stuff (stuff being the technical term for the subject I am leaving to an unaided discovery method) this week. This weekend he's watching C++ tutorials on his own.

We spent time with the Mesopotamians in history, practiced our hiragana, and Russian alphabet. Z starting writing about Shakespeare (he'll finish that this upcoming week), and spent some time reading Bradbury's R is for Rocket. I started reading Bleach manga that Z read this summer.

I also ordered a Moleskine planner for Z. This will be his commonplace book for the year, which I will discuss next week. I also ordered another book for Z, which I'm taking him up on a big reading challenge. We'll see if he takes the bait. More on that later.

1 comment:

RockerMom said...

Man, I love your hair!!! It's awesome. I mean it. It rocks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...