Today seemed like a good day for a snow day. Considering the ten plus inches of snow outside the door anyway. While Z helped Tigger shovel that glorious white stuff (read my sarcasm) I decided to work on classroom organization.
Most of our belongings are still in storage many miles away, I'm missing a few things. As you can see one of those categories is bookcases. This pictures represents the small portion of books I own that I've been using on a regular basis for school and myself.

Even the dog looks overwhelmed. I've had them all crunched in the corner, the books, not the dogs. The second photo is the natural state of my desk. Actually this is supposed to be Z's desk. I borrow it when we are not doing school. See the red thing on the chair. It's a robe. I wore it most of the day. This was one of those days I did not change out my pajamas.

I've been working on my minimalist mindset and decided that I would utilize what I already have to make a bookcase. No sense buying what I already own, even though it's in storage in another state (frustration does not translate well on a blog). It was an exercise, like a puzzle.

This is the finished product. It's totally temporary. The cardboard box on the bottom in the middle was left empty on purpose. It's the new hiding place for the cat. It was kind of fun, figuring out how to put all these boxes together.
The snow is piled high outside and tonight Z's desk is clear. Tomorrow we'll be back at school and hopefully I'll be more organized.
1 comment:
I love it! I especially adore the empty box for the cat. You are so creative.
Post a Comment