I was able to get out into nature by myself today. I needed a little break from Nanowrimo and I wanted to catch some fall in the park. Being in nature helps me regroup. I think I'll need that this week. The above is me having a private teacher-parent conference. Looking for thoughts, inspiration, and peace.
The lovely bird has found balance. Why is it so easy for birds to balance on the tiny branches of life? Is it because the are able to fly above it and see it in better perspective.
These dying leaves were one of the most vibrant colors in the park today. Vibrancy right before plummeting to their deaths on the ground. I'm sure there is something poetic there. I'll steal from Homer, "the Generation of Leaves".
I love the colors in this picture. We recently had a few big storms. There were a lot of small trees down and many logs in the water. I love the composition of the broken branch framing the greenery behind it. So maybe being broken does not mean being useless. Another great point along the way.
All in all it was a great teacher's meeting. I think we'll schedule those on a regular basis.
5 comments:
I enjoy parent-teacher conferences at the day spa, but a parent-teacher nature walk sounds lovely too.
Glad you were able to regroup. Fall looks beautiful there.
We don't really have fall here . . . everything is either green or dead, LOL.
How lovely. *sigh*
Southern LA really is beautiful. Just can't handle the heat though. Looks like a magical place to find center again.
Wow, what a beautiful place. You are very lucky to have it to escape to. :o) Happy writing! ~Chris
I like your parent-teacher meeting. I think I'll do one too! I am always in search of balance in a world without symmetry.
Cheers,
Wildirs
Post a Comment