Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wakefield Walks


This is the giant dirt mound Z discovered in the carport. A creature has been digging under the shed. We did a google search and decided it was an armadillo burrow. Tigger is going to deal with it this weekend as we don't want it to undermine the foundation of the shop.


This little guy was walking up the driveway. Z and I removed him to a safe place so Daytona would not find him. She was out on her cable.

He was very curious about us and didn't go into his shell until I picked him up.

A nice little pose to show off his neck and really long back claws.

In honor of the outpouring of nature that continues to flow around our yard, I composed a little poem.

Nature, nature come to me
and we shall take a walk with thee.
Abundant life outside the door
Never searching anymore.



3 comments:

Heather said...

Love it! And the pic of the hammock!

MOM #1 said...

You definitely don't have to search for nature. In fact, if you're not careful, they're going to take over your entire home. Then where are you going to live? ;-) I can't believe you FOUND that turtle in your driveway.

RockerMom said...

We have been hoping to find a turtle around here. We have several tadpoles and frogs in our pond, but we've seen no turtles.

Why can you buy frogs as pets in TN but not turtles (it's the law).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...