Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And So it Begins


Today was our final day of school. We decided to stop today as the public schools got out at noon and Z wanted to play with his friends. So we are done. Our fifth year of homeschooling wrapped. I love the flexibility of homeschooling as we've had to run around with Tigger for the last few days as his truck was in the shop. He came home around lunch today so we could go pick it up for hopefully the final time. He was singing Alice Cooper's summer anthem.

The car ride home gave Z and us time to talk. I remember someone once advising that talking with a teen or pre-teen boy was sometimes best done in the car. There is something honest and freeing about conversation that happens in the car. I find that to be true.

Yesterday he finished math in record time, he completed his reading assignment and asked me to read more from The Lightning Thief. Percy Jackson is a great series to start at the end of the year.

We'll take a few weeks off from everything but reading and then we will start a light summer schedule where FLEXIBLE is the key word. I'm most concerned about keeping Latin, math, and reading fresh in his mind. Well, mine too.

You know what I'm doing tomorrow? Me either! Sleeping in is as far as the list has gotten so far.

2 comments:

Dangie said...

Congrats, Paula and Z! We still have two weeks of Homer and History, then we'll be done! We'll take a little time off before starting a light summer schedule too. (Unless I am having too much fun on summer break! Hee! Hee!)

~Angie

MOM #1 said...

Sleeping in is a delicious agenda. I say keep that at the top of your list all summer long, LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...