After much contemplation I am doing an experiment with our daily schedule. The Latin-Centered Curriculum outlines doing some subjects once per week. We will continue to do reading, Latin, math, and comprehension daily. I do like approaching those subjects in that manner. I also like doing history, literature, religion, science, and geography once a week. However, due to illness, injuries, and other various distractions I find some of those subjects not getting done and we are woefully behind in at least two of them.
I have decided to experiment by focusing on one subject five times per week for a period of time. For instance, we will focus on religion for the next few weeks and should finish that subject for the year in two to three weeks. Then we will move to history and should finish it in three to four weeks. Literature will be our last subject to handle in that manner. That is if the "experiment" works.
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this will help with Z's retention as well. We will continue to do Science on Fridays as that is one of Z's favorite subjects. Friday is also a shorter day as Latin and Comprehension are done four times per week only. Geography will continue to be done once a week.
I'll report back to let you know if this is a hit or a flop.
3 comments:
Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see how it pans out.
Good luck!
I did that last year and it would have worked really well if I hadn't mis-calculated how long history would take. We ended up with not enough time for science OOPS!
That sounds like a very interesting way to schedule. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Keep us posted!
Post a Comment