Thursday, January 08, 2009

Go Hypothesize!



Z and I have these cards. It's simply a deck of regular playing cards with a different scientist on each number or face card. Today we decided to make up our own game using them. Well, it was basically Go Fish but with a twist. Instead of calling out the value of the card we had to use the scientist name. If we didn't have that card instead of saying "Go Fish" we said "Go Hypothesize" and then that person drew a card from the deck. It was fun and educational. I know Z learned a lot in that fifteen minutes of play. One thing I learned is that it is possible to still laugh and learn at the END of the school day. We haven't done that in a while.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

How fun! We have those same cards, but we have the ones with the composers on them. I guess we can say, "Go Harmonize!" LOL

Unknown said...

Games are often the best way to learn. We need to play them more often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...