Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wakefield Walks: Nature Literally at the door

These cute little lizards were sunning themselves on the front of the house. This was had a unique pattern compared to ones we normally see around here. I love the green around his eyes.

This one was quite large compared to the others we see. His tail was also completely intact which means he never ventured out or he was the toughest lizard in the neighborhood and no one wanted to mess with him.


Later that night Tigger discovered this nasty creature hanging out on top of our garage door. This is the south and we leave our garage door open a lot. The door is an ancient one piece steel door. I've always disliked the door, however with the discovery of "jungle snake" hanging I dislike it even more. See his eye shining in this photo?
Tigger finally knocked him down with a broom and he slithered out in the yard. He almost dropped on Tigger's head in the process. I almost screamed, but was not quite as creeped out as I thought I would be. It was raining outside and the snake was mad, he thought he had found a great place to hide. NOT!

Needless to say since the incident I have not walked under the garage door without looking up.

2 comments:

MOM #1 said...

OMG! I almost screamed just looking at those photos! I definitely would have screamed if I'd run across that in real life. Scary!

Dangie said...

LOL! Is nature getting a little too close for ya? Thanks for sharing the pics. And, I'm glad they were just pics for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...