Monday, November 03, 2008

How Does One get a Complete Week Done?

It kind of rhymes, it's kind of frustrating. We had made an agreement with Z when we started homeschooling. We would take off the days the public school was out so that he could play with his friends. As an only child we believe it is important he have some freedom to be with his friends when they are able to play.

So this year that agreement is going to be rethought. After the hurricanes (yes that's plural) set up back eleven days I already felt behind. It's not a huge deal, we are not really behind, it just messed with the plan I had created. That seems to happen many times in life when I create a plan. GRRR.

Anyway we had an in-service day last Monday to coincide with the public school in-service day. It was very productive on my part. This week the schools are closed on Tuesday because of the election. I suppose that is due to the polling places being at the schools. Next week they are closed for Veteran's Day and then they have an entire week listed off at Thanksgiving. That will be less than three full weeks of school this month. I won't even get into the December schedule.

Fortunately many of our subjects are done one day a week or only four days a week. We will get them all done, there may simply be a little less breaking into song time. That bites, because I really love the spontaneous musicals that Z and I do.

1 comment:

MOM #1 said...

Oh, yes. . . song time . . . is there anything sweeter? Baby Boy breaks into raps, I'm no rapper, but I do get to dance to his funky groove, LOL.

Baby Boy has been working with my father in law to save extra money for a car (A CAR!) very part time just a few days a month SUPPOSEDLY, but they've been calling him about one day a week every week . . . so NO we never get a whole week's worth of work in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...