Saturday, January 12, 2008

I Love Books that Inspire Learning

We started reading Carry on, Mr. Bowditch this week. I had seen this recommended from several places and found it a thrift store earlier this year. We found some time to squeeze it and we are both enjoying it. I love when a book inspires learning. This book has done that already this week.

It's fun to peer inside your child's mind as you read aloud to them, and I believe Z relates well to the character of Nat. Z has always been a whiz with numbers. So when Nat wanted to learn Latin, Z asked if we could learn Latin next year. Sure, why not! We still haven't decided on our French curriculum, but even Z was more excited about learning it when we read that Nat also learned French.

God has truly orchestrated our curriculum this year. I hadn't planned on reading that book right now, but it has flowed seemlessly as we just fininshed studying the Revolutionary War. I have even found books on Noah Webster and George Washington Carver to add into the mix.

So while I had planned on teaching Greek next year, we may chose Latin instead. I borrowed some French DVD's from the library and Monday we will start them. We are on a journey this year and it has been great experience so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds great. Isn't it wonderful when God works it all out for us?

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing how learning Latin goes for you guys! Someday...we too will learn Latin. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...