I enjoy a good pun. I've even used the phrase, have a nice trip, I'll see you next fall a few too many times. You know what. I had a nice trip. Yes, bound and determined to walk when opportunity presents itself Z, Daytona the dog, and I headed out on Thursday evening. I was tired, distracted, and thinking about other things. Apparently I wasn't thinking about the act of walking.
I trip less than a block from home. I kind of tripped over the dog, over the road, over my own feet. I was holding the dog's leash, she kept going. I knew I was falling but couldn't stop it. We were on the road. SLAM!! That's the sound of my old knee and hands and head hitting the pavement. My hands braced the fall, so I didn't bang my head hard. But my knee...Do you realize how much you need your knees?
I've always had crappy knees. I can't sit on my knees ever, not for years. It's like needles shooting in my kneecaps. Dont' know why, they operate fine. As I hobbled home I knew I banged up something in my right knee. It hurt like crazy, it still hurts. It's swollen still.
I iced it, took ibuprofen, got some TLC from Z and Tigger and propped it up. I'm still hobbling along, but I don't think I injured anything permanently. I had a bout of adrenaline this morning from another issue and the pain stopped for a while.
Now I'm back in bed, with The Son of Neptune beside me, Hush! it's a book. It's Rick Riordan's new book. At least I won't be distracted this weekend.
I'm sure I'll be fine, but it's just a pain (punny!) that this happened right when Z and I were making the commitment to walk. We'll head out again next week. This time he's in charge of holding the leash.
1 comment:
Ouch! OMG... new RR bk, must be off to find!
Post a Comment