This shall be my motto for the next month or so. I feel pulled in too many directions, too much to do, too little time. Or and there is the school thing. ;) Moving, packing, schooling, and life, oh my!
Week three saw a few great days as we explored down the rabbit hole with Alice. We made it through our first list of the year with Megawords and we finished another chapter in Latin Alive! book one.
Even amidst the chaos we have a good flow going to our year. We're working through our subjects at the pace I designed and we'll pressing forward, which sure beats lying down in defeat.
Z is starting to apply him in more areas this year. I hear less grumbling when he has to write and he is more outspoken in class (shocking yes!), I'm talking about the academic part of our discussions, not just talking (which he has always been pretty good).
Among the chaotic things last week I decided I wanted to paint my desk. We use our former dining room table for schooling and I have my own desk for writing, the computer, and sometimes stacks of books or paperwork. It was a dark mahogany stain color and now it is Krylon brand Celery. I'm actually quite pleased with the color. It's a light green, but not minty. It has a real cottage feel that will be great in our new house. I'll post pics soon.
As for now, it's Sunday afternoon. I still need to finalize and print the schedule for this week, clean off the school table, put a few things back on my desk, and at some point pack another box or two.
1 comment:
Chaos can be a good thing if it leads to peace.
Post a Comment