One of the beautiful things about homeschooling is the flexibility you can have. One of my favorite sayings is.
"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape."
The last two weeks have been very Gumby in nature. Last week I spent the entire week in bed, mostly. There were moments of shuffling towards the computer, the classroom, the kitchen, but mostly it was spent sleeping in a wonderful (NOT!) state of illness. Our school schedule was very flexible that week. Z's concern for my well being was often summarized with the statement, "Mom, if you're not feeling well, we probably shouldn't do school today so you can rest." Followed with a concerning pat on the back I was mush and he won.
Fast forward to this week, technically week 4 (four) of our school year. I don't schedule around certain days, I make our schedule by week, just for reasons such as those nasty bugs that knock me down from time to time. So this week was catch-up. We aren't quite there yet. So this was week four part 1.
Next week we are off Monday, so Tuesday will begin week 4, part 2. We'll finish catching up on all of our subjects and start Week 5 as if we had never gotten off track at all. Our Latin curriculum is divided into weeks and generally I feel fine if our school week lines up with our Latin week.
Of course the week after that we are off Monday and Tuesday for Z's birthday. I think everyone should get off work or school for their birthday so we're taking two days to celebrate. Come to think of it week 5 might stretch into two weeks as well.
Good thing we started early this year.
Fast forward to this week, technically week 4 (four) of our school year. I don't schedule around certain days, I make our schedule by week, just for reasons such as those nasty bugs that knock me down from time to time. So this week was catch-up. We aren't quite there yet. So this was week four part 1.
Next week we are off Monday, so Tuesday will begin week 4, part 2. We'll finish catching up on all of our subjects and start Week 5 as if we had never gotten off track at all. Our Latin curriculum is divided into weeks and generally I feel fine if our school week lines up with our Latin week.
Of course the week after that we are off Monday and Tuesday for Z's birthday. I think everyone should get off work or school for their birthday so we're taking two days to celebrate. Come to think of it week 5 might stretch into two weeks as well.
Good thing we started early this year.
2 comments:
Sometimes mush is good... or should I say mushy.
Without constant flexibility, our whole schedule would creek, crack and break, LOL.
I like the Gumby picture. That pretty much says it all. ;-)
Post a Comment