Sunday, April 22, 2007

How many more days until vacation?

We are winding down our third grade year. I look back to the beginning of the year and realize we have come a long way. Just like children grow physically, it's there you may not see it everyday, but it is there. In fact, my son grew 1/4" in the last month. We have the "chart" on his closet doorframe. As this school year ends, I am already planning for next fall.

We were blessed to be able to order all of his books already. Just need to pull it all together. We are changing providers on every subject, so there is new material to look at, lesson plans for some subjects, and folders to make for others. I had to pull an extra bookshelf into the office, just for the new books. I haven't let him look at them too much, I don't want him running away in terror over the sheer number of them.

Fourth grade is going to be an exciting time. Aside from the usual subjects, such as grammar and math, we will be adding some great subjects. In science, we are going to spend all year on Astronomy, History is a year long study on US history and geography. We'll also do Creative writing, poetry, Spanish, teaching on worship, music theory, conflict resolution, and drawing basics. We have a slew of books for reading and even some historical movies planned. I plan on learning a lot.

Right now he is learning lawn maintenance from dad. I better go join them I'm sure there is something for me to do.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...